Fire Sprinklers Save the Day at Murfreesboro Apartment Complex

  Email   Print

Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department Assistant Fire Marshal Tracy Summar credits the fire sprinkler system at Point at Raider Campus, 2315 North Tennessee Boulevard, for saving lives and property after a stove fire started in an apartment in Building 9 around 8:00 pm Monday.

“This is another example of the importance of a properly operating sprinkler system,” said Summar.

The fire originated when a pan of grease on the stove overheated. This activated one sprinkler head in the kitchen. When MFRD’s District 8 arrived on scene, the fire was already out. District 8’s crews stopped the water flow and pushed water out to the breeze way to minimize the spread of water to the downstairs apartments.


The kitchen received no fire damage, minor smoke damage, and only moderate water damage. Three downstairs apartments received some water damage. Power was shut off to those apartments for safety. MFRD District 8 Captain Hunter Fite said, “The sprinkler definitely did its job. There is no doubt it could have been a lot worse.”

One of the residents received minor grease burns, but declined treatment from first responders and EMS. No other injuries were reported with this incident.


The apartment complex made housing arrangements for the displaced residents.

Read more from:
  Email   Print
Related Articles
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: