Murfreesboro Fire Rescue's Engine 4, Ladder 6, and District 7 responded to a house fire located at 2363 Crown Hill Drive just after 1:30 Friday afternoon.
All residents including the family dog were outside upon MFRD's arrival.
According to Ladder 6 Captain Terrence Thomas, when crews got on scene there was no fire present outside the structure. However, a thermal imagining camera detected fire in the left, front room of the home.
Crews gained access through a window and were able to extinguish the fire quickly.
Fire damage was contained to the front bedroom. The Fire Marshal's Office was called to the scene to conduct a routine investigation. According to Assistant Fire Marshal Michael Bartlett, the fire originated in the bedroom, was accidental, and appears to have been electrical in nature.
Bartlett noted that the closed bedroom door assisted with minimal damage to the home. "It is always a good idea to keep your bedroom doors closed, especially when you sleep," said Bartlett. "A closed door may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire. In this case, it kept the fire from spreading to other areas of the home."
For more fire safety information, please contact MFRD's Community Risk Reduction Division at 615-849-2605 Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.