Murfreesboro City Schools is proud to announce the 2014 Teachers of the Year. Teachers from each school were nominated for the prestigious education award given by the Tennessee Department of Education.
The 2014 System Level recipients for Murfreesboro City Schools are:
• Angela Bunyi - The Discovery School at Reeve-Rogers
• Suzanne St. John - The Discovery School at Reeve-Rogers
Building Level Teacher of the Year recipients include:
• Amy Adock (Bellwood-Bowdoin Preschool)
• Christy Robinson (Black Fox)
• Zenobia Craig (Black Fox)
• Allison Isom (Bradley)
• Ginger Hazelbaker (Bradley)
• Keri Victory (Cason Lane)
• Carolene Goff (Cason Lane)
• Angela Bunyi (Discovery School)
• Suzanne St. John (Discovery School)
• Meg Reed (Erma Siegel)
• Margaret Lane (Erma Siegel)
• Rebecca Sublett (Hobgood)
• Erin Phillips (Hobgood)
• Leah Follis (John Pittard)
• Diane Byrd (John Pittard)
• Delores Brown (Mitchell-Neilson)
• Gayle Porterfield (Mitchell-Neilson)
• Staci Young (Northfield)
• Diane Lewis (Northfield)
• Cherry Ross (Scales)
• Cynthia Martin (Scales)
“It is a pleasure to recognize and celebrate exceptionally skilled educators,” says Linda Gilbert, MCS Director of Schools. “These recipients are passionate about their work and the children they serve. They personify the definition of an exemplary educator.” Teacher of the Year nominees are selected by their peers and must meet selection criteria. An important qualification in being selected as Teacher of the Year is the ability to inspire learning in students of all backgrounds and abilities.
The Tennessee Teacher of the Year program is designed to promote recognition, respect and appreciation for teachers, to stimulate interest in teaching as a career, and to encourage public involvement in education.
Murfreesboro City Schools is a district of twelve schools committed to the academic and personal success of each child. For additional information about the 2014 Teachers of the Year or other programs.