Bev Macsherry hosted Friday night's "2014 Secret Garden Party" to benefit the Discovery Center at Murfree Spring. It was at her West Jefferson Pike home, Jefferson Manor.
The evening was filled with music from Johnny B and the Balladeers. The delicious food was from Five Senses Restaurant and Bar. In addition, there was a huge silent auction featuring "must have" items for everyone. Jill Converse did a phenomenal job of chairing this year's event.
Bonnets were in style along with casual conversations with longtime friends. This is always a prelude to Saturday's tour of gardens around the community. That will take place from 10:00 o'clock Saturday morning until 4:00 in the afternoon. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 2 and older.
This year's Secret Garden Party tour includes:
1. Oaklands Historic House (900 Maney Avenue)
2. Gordon and Sara Bell (718 N. Maney Ave.)
3. Discovery Center (502 SE Broad St.)
4. Richard and Nina Hanson (2415 Gold Valley Dr.)
5. Reba Hinkle and Jerden Johnson (1211 Matterhorn Run)