9-Year Old Burned After Setting His Shirt on Fire

  Email   Print

One 9-year-old boy remains in stable condition after suffering burns while apparently playing with a lighter Monday at his aunt’s home in Rockvale. Detective Randy Groce says the boy, who lives on Rockvale Road, was staying nearby with his aunt and six siblings and cousins when he apparently set his shirt on fire. His aunt and 11-year-old cousin wrapped a blanket around him to extinguish the fire. Groce says they were very instrumental in keeping him from being burned any worse. LifeFlight helicopter flew the boy from the scene to Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville. Groce says while, at this time, it appears to be accidental, the incident is still under investigation. Volunteer firefighters from Rutherford Fire and Rescue checked the house to ensure there was no change of a fire igniting the home. Sheriff Robert Arnold urges parents and adults to keep lighters and matches away from children, saying their naturally curious nature can end tragically.

ADVERTISEMENT



Read more from:
News
Tags: 
child, Detective Randy Groce, fire, Murfreesboro news, Rockvale, Rutherford County Sheriff's Office, Sheriff Robert Arnold
Share: 
  Email   Print
Related Articles
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: