All branches of the Rutherford County Library System are closed through March 21, 2020 in effort to stop the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Library Director Rita Shacklett said, "As the week progresses and more information is available, we will re-evaluate our next steps. We know the library is a valued resource for so many readers and supporters. We want to get back to normal as quickly and safely as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this decision might cause, but we appreciate your understanding and always appreciate your support.
Fines will not accrue on any materials due during that time. Please make use of our online resources such as OverDrive (Libby) and Hoopla for e-books, e-audios, music, movies and more.
The five branches of the Rutherford County Public Library are:
- Linebaugh Public Library is located at 105 W. Vine St. in Murfreesboro.
- MGL Library is located inside Patterson Park Community Center at 521 Mercury Blvd.
- The Technology Engagement Center is located at 306 Minerva Drive.
- Smyrna Public Library is located at 400 Enon Springs Rd. West in Smyrn
- Eagleville Bicentennial Public Library is located at 317 Hwy 99E in Eagleville.
In addition to the branches, the bookmobile will also not be operational. For more information, call 615-893-4131 or visit www.rclstn.org.