Christmas Fires: Don't Leave Cooking Unattended

  Email   Print

(MURFREESBORO) With families visiting for the holidays, there is much going on in the kitchen. Murfreesboro Fire Rescue warns everyone not to leave cooking unattended, even for a short period of time.

Over this past weekend, a late evening fire caused damage to The Belle Aire Apartment Complex, located at 1207 Sloan Street.

Murfreesboro Fire Rescue Department was notified at approximately 6:20pm last Friday (12/20/2019) night, and within minutes the first arriving unit reported an active fire in one of the apartments.

ADVERTISEMENT



The fire was quickly extinguished.

The fire unit sustained fire, smoke and water damage while three adjacent units sustained smoke damage.

ADVERTISEMENT



One resident was treated for smoke inhalation and transported by Rutherford County EMS.

The Fire Marshals Division was called to the scene and at this time conducting a routine investigation.

Read more from:
News
Tags: 
Belle Aire Apartment Complex, holiday cooking, kitchen fires, MFRD, WGNS
Share: 
  Email   Print
Related Articles
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: