Early Friday morning fire in Murfreesboro

  Email   Print

Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue's District 9, Engine 1, and Engine 10 responded to a two story house fire at 2311 Molly Trail just before 2:00 Friday morning.

Crews were originally dispatched to an address in the 300 block of College Street due to the information given to Dispatch in the initial call. Crews were then rerouted to Molly Trail and upon arrival discovered heavy black smoke and fire coming from the rear side of a two story home. Fortunately, the residents were out when MFRD arrived. However, one patient was transported to Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital for moderate, but non-life threatening burns.

Firefighters initially entered the structure and found fire in the second floor and also in the kitchen, bedroom, and den areas. Fire was also found in the attic area of the home. When interior fire operations became unsafe for Firefighters, they were pulled out and aerials and multiple hand lines were used on the exterior.

According to Captain/Shift Training Officer Terry Smith, Firefighters did a great job of knocking down the fire, but it was too involved to save much of the structure. However, crews were able to spare several vehicles in the garage.

Fire Marshal Carl Peas was called to the scene and will conduct a routine investigation. Though the investigation is incomplete at this time, the homeowner told Peas that the fire began when he was cooking. He said he left the kitchen and when he returned, the pan of grease was on fire. According to Peas, the man tried to remove the pan from the stove and dropped it and that is when things escalated.

The man also told Peas that in his panic, he gave Dispatch the wrong address which resulted in MFRD's delayed response to the Molly Trail home.

The two residents will be displaced at this time and are receiving assistance from the Red Cross.

ADVERTISEMENT



Read more from:
News
Tags: 
fire, Molly Trail, Murfreesboro fire
Share: 
  Email   Print
Related Articles
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: