The straw poll results at the City Café on East Main Street in Murfreesboro have been tabulated. Keep in mind, the real Election Day for the Republican Primaries is Tuesday. The polls will open at 7AM and close at 7PM.
Here are the City Cafe Results:
- Jennings Jones won the seat of District Attorney against challenger Chuck Ward.
- Gerald Melton beat Andy Brunelle in the Public Defender race.
- Ernest Burgess beat Jimmy Evans in the race for County Mayor.
In the County Commission poll at the City Café:
- In District 2 Steve Pearcy beat Jack Black.
- For District 6, Matt Harvey won against Joe Frank Jernigan.
- The District 7 race has Phil Griffin in the lead followed by Moncreif Williams, with Michael Kusch in third.
- In the District 9 race, Joe Gourley beat Jason Bour.
- For District 10, Brad Turner beat Tony Campbell.
- In District 11, Preston Sparks was ahead of Rhonda Allen.
- In District 15, JoAnne Skidmore beat David Nipper.
- District 16, Phillip Dodd beat Matt Young.
- District 17, Jeff Phillips beat Matthew Roe.