The family of a Christiana woman, who died June 26th of last year, is asking for the investigation into her death to be re-opened.
Desiree Hattingh, age 31, of Joe Rowlin Road, was reported to have died of an accidental overdose of combined drugs, according the autopsy report from the state Medical Examiner's Office.
Ellen Reese and other friends and family, set up along Salam Highway, outside the Rutherford County Adult Detention Center Thursday. They were holding signs and seeking support from the community to have the case into Hattingh's death re-opened...
Reese says her daughter was a pharmacy assistant and the mother of two young children...
Reese tells NewsRadio WGNS the Rutherford County Sheriff's Office refused to re-open the case. Rutherford County Sheriff Robert Arnold says they investigated the case and found no foul play was involved in Hattingh's death and information has since been turned over to the District Attorney's office.
Reese says they won't rest until the case is looked into again...
According to Sheriff Arnold, patrol officers were called to the home after her husband, Callum Hattingh, noticed her labored breathing about 3:20am. The husband called 9-1-1 and started CPR. Deputies continued CPR until paramedics took over treatment and transported her to the hospital. That's where Desiree Hattingh passed away.
For a past story from NewsRadio WGNS, photos, a link to a story from news partner "Murfreesboro Pulse" and a release from the Rutherford County Sheriff's Office, log-on to WGNSRadio.com, keyword Desiree.
RELEASE FROM RUTHERFORD COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
April 2, 2015
Sheriff Robert Arnold
Rutherford County Sheriff's Office
Sheriff Robert Arnold and the Rutherford County Sheriff's Office extends sympathy to the family of Desiree Hattingh, 31, of Joe Rowlin Road in Christiana, who died June 26, 2014 at St. Thomas Rutherford.
Patrol officers were called to the home after her husband noticed her labored breathing about 3:20 a.m. He called 911 and started cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Deputies continued CPR until paramedics took over treatment and transported her to the hospital.
The autopsy report conducted by the state Medical Examiner's Office showed Mrs. Hattingh died of an accidental overdose of combined drugs.
The Sheriff's Office investigated but found no foul play in Mrs. Hattingh's death. Detectives talked with the family multiple times to give them updates on the investigation.
The investigation was turned over to the District Attorney's Office.