Fire at 3418 Blaze Drive

  Email   Print

Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department (Ladders 1 and 9, Engines 1 and 5, and Rescues 7 and 9) responded to a fire at 3418 Blaze Drive just before 2:00 Thursday afternoon.

When crews arrived on scene the fire looked pretty bad, according to Acting Shift Commander Raymond Smith.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly and keep damage to the kitchen area of the home.


Smith says a teenager was cooking when a grease fire occurred. The teen turned off the eye to the stove and ran to the neighbor's for help. The neighbor told the teen to call 9-1-1. That's when MFRD was dispatched to the call. "The fire was able to spread a little due to the delay," said Smith.

Smith also said the home received quite a bit of smoke damage.


The family will be displaced, but did not require assistance from the Red Cross.

MFRD would like to remind the community to exercise extreme caution when cooking, especially with grease. Should you encounter a grease fire, cover the pan

Read more from:
Blaze Drive, fire, Murfreesboro fire
  Email   Print
Related Articles
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: