Fire at Camino Real off of East Main St. in Murfreesboro
Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department’s Districts 3 and 8 and Engine 1 responded to a fire call at the Camino Real restaurant at 105 Lasseter Drive just after 11:30 Wednesday afternoon.
When crews arrived, they discovered light smoke coming from the roof area of the building. Crews had difficulty locating the source of the fire, but finally found it to be a combination exhaust fan/light in the men’s restroom.
Once the fire was located, crews extinguished the fire and put out surrounding hotspots in the attic.
One rafter was charred and the attic received some smoke damage.
According to officials on scene, the fire appears to have started as the result of an electrical malfunction. MFRD turned the scene over to Murfreesboro’s Building and Codes Department and a licensed electrician.
The restaurant will be closed for business until cleared by an electrical inspector.
Ashley McDonald, Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue