FIRE at Murfreesboro Apartment on Wednesday Night

  Email   Print
Stock photo of the MFRD

Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department’s Districts 1 and 8 responded to an apartment fire at 1110 Palmer Drive just after 8:00 Wednesday night.

Crews entered Apartment 10 to discover a smoldering fire in the unit’s bathroom. Crews had to remove part of the ceiling to extinguish the fire and check for extensions.

The fire was extinguished quickly and damage was contained to the bathroom area of the apartment. The residents will be displaced, but will be staying with family members.

ADVERTISEMENT



According to Shift Commander Dale Maynard, the fire appears to have started when a combination light/heater in the bathroom shorted. “Flames smoldered in the insulation and wood where the heater was installed,” Maynard said.

Source: 

ADVERTISEMENT



Ashley McDonald, MFRD Spokesperson

Other Recent Holiday Fires:


South Rutherford Blvd

http://www.wgnsradio.com/another-fire-reported-in-murfreesboro-this-fire-occurred-saturday-morning---residents-displaced-as-we-enter-christmas-season-cms-16691

Rucker Lane
 
Stones River Apartments: 
 
McKnight Drive: 
Read more from:
News
Tags: 
Ashley McDonald, Fire, Fire Department, Murfreesboro Fire, TN
Share: 
  Email   Print
Related Articles
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: