Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department’s Districts 1 and 8 responded to an apartment fire at 1110 Palmer Drive just after 8:00 Wednesday night.
Crews entered Apartment 10 to discover a smoldering fire in the unit’s bathroom. Crews had to remove part of the ceiling to extinguish the fire and check for extensions.
The fire was extinguished quickly and damage was contained to the bathroom area of the apartment. The residents will be displaced, but will be staying with family members.
According to Shift Commander Dale Maynard, the fire appears to have started when a combination light/heater in the bathroom shorted. “Flames smoldered in the insulation and wood where the heater was installed,” Maynard said.
Ashley McDonald, MFRD Spokesperson
Other Recent Holiday Fires:
South Rutherford Blvd: