Fire at Vintage at the Park Apartments Veterans Parkway

  Email   Print

MFRD's Districts 1, 2, and 9 and Engine 3 were dispatched to a fire at Vintage at the Park (261 Veterans Parkway) just before 11:30 Sunday night.

Fortunately, the residents of the affected unit were awakened by working smoke alarms and discovered flames coming from the dryer. The residents and their pets made it safely outside and called 9-1-1.

The fire displaced a total of seven people. Two other apartments other than the affected unit received water damage. No one required assistance from the Red Cross.

According to Battalion Chief Brian Lowe, the fire was extinguished and contained to that room.

The National Fire Protection Association reports that the leading cause of dryer fires in the home is not cleaning the dryer vents properly. For more information, please visit https://www.nfpa.org/Public-Education/By-topic/Safety-in-the-home/Dryers-and-washing-machines.

Read more from:
News
Tags: 
apartment fire, Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue, Murfreesboro news, Vintage at the Park
Share: 
  Email   Print
Related Articles
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: