Friday Morning Fire On Belle Oaks Drive

  Email   Print

Murfreesboro Fire Rescue Department crews responded to a house fire at 1417 Belle Oaks Drive just after 8:30 Friday (2/8/2019) morning.

According to Ladder 8 Captain Hunter Fite, firefighters arrived to find smoke and flames on the back side of the home. Fortunately, all occupants were outside and safe.

Fite said the fire started in the dryer located in the laundry room, but traveled up the outside wall. Crews were able to get the fire out quickly enough that it did not spread to the attic or other areas of the home.

ADVERTISEMENT



At this time, Fite does not believe that the residents will be displaced.

ADVERTISEMENT



How To Prevent Dryer Fires

The U.S. Fire Administration reports that every year 2,900 home fires are started by clothes dryers. This includes an estimated five deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss. Failure to clean the dryer (34 percent) is the leading cause of these fires which typically occur more in the fall and winter months.

What can you do?

  1. Clean lint filters every time you use the dryer.
  2. Clean your dryer duct work at least annually, if not every six months.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact MFRD's Community Risk Reduction Division Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm at 615-849-2605.

Read more from:
News
Tags: 
1417 Belle Oaks Drive, dryer fire, MFRD, Murfreesboro, WGNS
Share: 
  Email   Print
Related Articles
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: