The Center for the Arts in uptown Murfreesboro held its "2019 Season Reveal" at 7:00 o'clock Saturday night (8/4/2018). Champagne was enjoyed by many as you walked into the theatre.
The attending full-hose applauded the three major changes presented by the facilities' Executive Director Patience Long . . .
The cast of "Steel Magnolias", the next prodction, creatively hosted the evening, as talent from the 2019 season featured highlights from coming plays. By the way, Steel Magnolias runs August 10 through 19, 2018.
CFA's 2019 Season
- Disney's Broadway musical "Newsies", January 11-27, 2019.
- "Sense and Sensibility", February" 8-17, 2019.
- Mel Brook's hilarious "The Producers", also known as "Springtime for Hitler", runs March 22-April 7, 2019.
- The story of an older set of unique "Calendar Girls", May 17-26, 2019.
- The fabulous "Footloose", June 7-23, 2019.
- A rip down the Yellow Brick Road on "The Wiz", July 5, 21, 2019.
- A visit to "The Secret Garden", August 23-September 8, 2019.
- "Shakespeare in Love", September 20-29, 2019.
- The musical killer thriller "Sweeney Todd", October 11-27, 2019.
- Broadway's "The Fantasticks", November 8-24, 2019.
- Charles Dicken's holiday classic "A Christmas Carol", December 6-22, 2019.
CFA Bonus Productions
- The wonderful musical "Les Miserables" with a total cast of young students, March 1-10, 2019. From the presentation of the beautiful song "I Have Dreamed", sung by a talented 16-year old actress, this will be a must see show for 2019.
- The off Broadway hit musical "Spelling Bee", April 26-May 5, 2019.
- "Last Five Years", August 2-11, 2019.
CFA's 3 Major Changes
Again, the full-house cheered with approval when Center for the Arts Executive Director Patience Long announced three major changes at the Murfreesboro facility.
After November 2, 2018, season ticket holders can use an assigned pass code and reserve specific seats on-line, over the phone or at the box office.
This new pass code allows regular patrons to purchase tickets two-weeks before it is open to the general public.
CFA's new benefits for season ticket holders also includes the ability to fill-out a calendar and marking the date you wish to attend and reserving your specific seat (if it is available).
And of course the big surprise was offering beer during intermission starting with the new season.
The Center for the Arts is at 110 West College Street in the historic district of downtown Murfreesboro. For more information, phone 615-904-ARTS (2787) or e-mail email@example.com.