The Good Neighbor Blood Drive, sponsored by NewsRadio WGNS was a big success. The Rutherford County community came out to give the "gift of life" by donating blood at the Patterson Park Community Center Tuesday. Listener Carolyn says she frequently gives blood...
Stephen was also among those who donated blood...
For every blood donor, as many as three lives can be saved. We'd like to thank the community for coming out to support the American Red Cross by giving blood Tuesday. We'd also like to thank the City of Murfreesboro and Patterson Park Community Center for hosting the Good Neighbor Blood Drive.
NewsRadio WGNS also gave away nearly $500 in prizes from various community partners this year.
Community partners include:
Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park in Chattanooga
Pizza Inn, at the corner of New Salem Highway and Cason Lane
Premiere 6 Movie Theater, on Broad in Jackson Heights
Alfonzo's Mexican Restaurant on Mall Circle Drive, near Stones River Mall
Toot's Good Food and Fun
Morter Family Chiropractic
NewsRadio WGNS provided seven hours of airtime to promote the blood drive on Tuesday. Prior to the event, six weeks of on-air promotions of the event were given to the American Red Cross. That's a total of nearly $7,000 in promotions to the American Red Cross from your Good Neighbor Station.
Population percentages based on blood types:
- O-positive: 38 percent of Americans have this type
- O-negative: 7 percent of Americans have this type
- A-positive: 34 percent of Americans have this type
- A-negative: 6 percent of Americans have this type
- B-positive: 9 percent of Americans have this type
- B-negative: 2 percent of Americans have this type
- AB-positive: 3 percent of Americans have this type
- AB-negative: 1 percent of Americans have this type
Red Cross Blood Drive
Patterson Park Community Center
521 Mercury Blvd, Murfreesboro, TN 37130