Hike For Hospice: A Memorial Walk is this Saturday, Oct. 1 in Murfreesboro, and time is running out to sign up! Walkers can register at AliveHospice.org/hike.
The Rutherford County community is invited to walk in memory of loved ones on Saturday, Oct. 1 in Murfreesboro. It's the first-ever Hike For Hospice: A Memorial Walk, which benefits charitable nonprofit Alive Hospice with funds raised going toward the Residence at Alive Hospice - Murfreesboro. Walkers can register in advance at AliveHospice.org/hike.
This family-friendly walk of roughly 2 miles will be held at the scenic Gateway Island Trail and is open to anyone who wants to participate, from recreational walkers to serious athletes gearing up for the Murfreesboro Half Marathon the following weekend.
Families are encouraged to participate together to remember someone they love. This kid-friendly event will include activities including games, balloons and face-painting. Snacks will be offered.
The registration cost of $30 per participant will benefit The Residence at Alive Hospice - Murfreesboro, which will be located at 1629 Williams Drive -- within sight of the Gateway Island Trail. Alive Hospice broke ground on its Murfreesboro Residence in August and anticipates opening in May 2017. Funding raised through Hike for Hospice will help Alive Hospice raise the remaining $300,000 of its fundraising campaign for the new facility.
As part of this memorial event, Alive Hospice will offer Memorial Bandanas that will be personalized with the names of loved ones on the morning of the event. Additionally, the community is invited to donate in memory of loved ones or in support of friends and families who are walking. Donations can be made via AliveHospice.org/hike with those proceeds also benefiting The Residence at Alive Hospice - Murfreesboro.
Check-in will begin at 8 a.m. on Oct. 1, and the walk will begin at 9 a.m. Convenient parking will be available in the employee parking lot of Murfreesboro Medical Clinic, just a short walk from the event check-in table.
- Parking is available at Murfreesboro Medical Clinic (please use the employee parking lot)
- Follow one of the greenway paths from the parking lot, through the picket fence into Gateway Island Park
- Volunteers will direct you to the check-in area on the Gateway Island
- Check-in begins
- Enjoy music, corn hole, face painting & balloons prior to the walk
- Event T-shirts & Memorial Bandanas will be available for pick-up for all who ordered them
- Additional event T-shirts & Memorial Bandanas will be available for purchase for all who would like to buy them
- Opening remarks
- Walk begins following remarks
- Closing ceremony
- Event T-shirts & Memorial Bandanas will be available for purchase immediately following the closing ceremony
- Hike For Hospice: A Memorial Walk is made possible in part with the support of presenting sponsor WGNS 1450 AM and support from sponsors VIP Murfreesboromagazine and A To Z Office Resources.
About Alive Hospice
Alive Hospice is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit health care provider offering compassionate care and support for terminally ill patients and their families; comprehensive grief support for adults and children; and education about the end of life. Founded in 1975, Alive Hospice was the first hospice organization in Tennessee and one of the nation's earliest. For more information, visit AliveHospice.org or call 615-327-1085.