(MURFREESBORO) At 10:00 o'clock this past Saturday (8/24/2019) morning, cool summer temps and a gentle breeze welcomed more than 200 attendees to celebrate the unveiling of the Tennessee Historical Commission mark in the front of Holloway High School at 619 South Highland Street.
The original Holloway High School was constructed in 1929 thanks to community leaders such as local attorney E.C. Holloway, to serve the needs of African American students. Mandatory integration closed the school in 1968.
A few of the attendees wore original Holloway High School 'Spartan' jackets. All the alumni displayed intense loyalty and pride in 'The School on the Hill'.
Special thanks to Photographer Frank Caperton for saving these historical moments.