A fire was discovered in Beechgrove, Tennessee this past Friday night. The fire was at a mobile home on Dogwood Street in Lakewood Park just over the Rutherford County line in Coffee County. The occupants said they were taking a nap when they were awakened by some popping sounds in the bathroom, according to partner station WMSR. The electrical panel in the bathroom apparently had a problem and caught the wall on fire.
When the New Union fire department arrived on the scene the mobile home was totally engulfed in flames. One of the occupants by the name of Roxanne Simmons was taken to an area hospital to be checked out. She was having trouble breathing. The Coffee County Sheriff’s Department is investigating. The home was a total loss.
Partner Station WMSR