This year, in partnership with Chick-fil-A and The Salvation Army of Murfreesboro, Tennessee Chapter 7 will host a 48-hour "Homeless Veterans Awareness" event at H3O Aquatics (236 Robert Rose Dr., Murfreesboro, Tennessee 37129).
This event will take place over the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend, starting at 6:00 p.m., Thursday, 11/26/15 and ending at 6:00 p.m., Saturday, 11/28/15.
As part of this event, members of various organizations will live in a shopping center parking lot for 48-hours. Their hope is to bring awareness to the plight of homelessness among our Nation's veterans. During the event, they will be collecting material goods, 100% of which will go to The Salvation Army of Murfreesboro, the Tennessee Fisher House and the Tennessee Veterans Home, as well as monetary donations, which will help expand veterans' services in the Rutherford County area.
Who: U.S. Military Vets Motorcycle Club, H3O Aquatics, Chick-fil-A, The Salvation Army of Murfreesboro
What: 2nd Annual Homeless Veterans Awareness Event
When: 6:00 p.m., Thursday, November 26 to 6:00 p.m., Saturday, November 28 Where 236 Robert Rose Dr., Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Why: Reasons to help
- To collect clothing, household items, toiletries, non-perishable goods, etc.
- To raise awareness of homelessness among veterans
- To show support for our veterans who have defended our freedom
- To bring local military support organizations together for a common cause
- Rutherford County Veterans Services
- Veterans Recovery Center Council
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Many Others