(MURFREESBORO) Hot, Hot, Hot---so the song goes and that matches the mood of both motorists and construction crews. Traffic Engineer Ram Balachandran checks his computer and reports on areas to avoid and remain cool now through September 21, 2019!
City Construction Projects
Middle Tennessee Widening Project (Greenland Dr to E. Main St)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday: Traffic signal, pavement marking, signage and incidental work continues between E Main St and Greenland Dr. Appropriate traffic controls are in place.
W Lytle Street Roadway Improvement Project (Baker St to Church St)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday: W Lytle St is re-opened to traffic. Paving and striping work continues along W Lytle St, W College St, W Burton St, Maple St and Walnut St. Appropriate traffic controls are in place.
Right Turn Lane Improvement Work (Thompson Ln at Old Fort Pkwy)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm: City contractor will be making right turn lane improvements on Thompson Ln at Old Fort Pkwy. There will be lane closures and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Downtown Traffic Signal Pole Maintenance Work (Painting)
Expected Road Closures: Sunday through Thursday, 8:00 pm to 5:00 am: City Traffic Signal Contractor will be painting the traffic signal poles in the downtown area. There will be road closures and detours around traffic signals. All work will be done at night. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Annual City Street Paving Projects
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM: City paving contractor will raising castings, milling, pavement repairs, loop cutting and paving and striping on the following streets:
- College St, Lytle St & Burton St between Church St and Baker St (night time work, 8:00 pm - 5:00 am)
- Medical Center Pkwy between Thompson Ln and River Bridge
- Thompson Ln at Northfield extension
- Thompson Ln at CSXT Bridge
- Thompson Ln at Royal Dr
Expect lane shifts and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
TDOT Resurfacing Projects
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, SR 99 (New Salem Hwy) resurfacing from Cason Lane to I-24
- Daily, 9AM-4PM, There will be alternating lane closures between the intersection of Barfield Drive and SR99 for the placement of bridge beams over West Fork Stones River. Appropriate traffic controls will be in-place.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, The Resurfacing of SR 10 from Tiger Hill to North of Rutherford Blvd
- Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures on SR 10 (S Church St) between Tiger Hill and Rutherford Blvd in both directions for milling operation. One lane will remain open at all times.