House Fire Reported on Rucker Lane Friday Morning in Murfreesboro

  Email   Print

Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department’s Districts 9 and 5 were dispatched to a house fire just after 5:00 Friday morning at 1027 Rucker Lane.

While en route, it was determined that the fire was in the county. District 5 was returned to the station and District 9 continued on to the scene. District 9 was the first to arrive and had flames visible on the back side of the two story home next to the chimney.

Crews began an exterior attack and then made entry into the upstairs bedroom. The fire extended in between an interior wall and a rock fire place. The fire place had to be disassembled and the ceiling had to be torn down to make access to the fire.


Rutherford County Fire and Rescue crews arrived on scene and assisted MFRD with water supply.

“Crews did a good job,” said MFRD District 9 Captain Joe Barrett. “They were able to keep the fire out of the attic and that was the main thing.” He also mentioned that even though it was a small fire, it caused quite a bit of damage.


No one was injured during the incident, but the family of four that rented the property was displaced. They declined assistance from the American Red Cross.

According to Captain Barrett the fire started in an upstairs bedroom and appears electrical in nature.

Any investigation conducted will go through the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office.

Read more from:
Murfreesboro, Murfreesboro Fire, Murfreesboro news, Rucker, Rucker Lane, Rucker Ln, TN
  Email   Print
Related Articles
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: