Tennessee gas prices have fallen 1.9 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.11/g today, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 3,821 stations in Tennessee. Gas prices in Tennessee are 13.6 cents per gallon higher than a month ago and stand $1.29/g higher than a year ago.
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Tennessee is priced at $2.84/g today while the most expensive is $3.49/g, a difference of 65.0 cents per gallon. The lowest price in the state today is $2.84/g while the highest is $3.49/g, a difference of 65.0 cents per gallon.
The national average price of gasoline has risen 1.8 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $3.41/g today. The national average is up 15.1 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands $1.31/g higher than a year ago.
Glimpse Into Rutherford County Gas Prices (Monday 11/08/2021):
• Speedway (Murfreesboro, TN) $2.99/gal
• Murphy USA (Murfreesboro, TN) $2.96/gal
• Thorntons (Murfreesboro, TN) $2.96/gal
• RaceTrac (Murfreesboro, TN) $2.97/gal
• MAPCO Mart (Smyrna, TN) $3.10/gal
• Murphy USA (Smyrna, TN) $3.05/gal
• Shell (Smyrna, TN) $3.10/gal
• Mapco (LaVergne, TN) $2.96/gal
• Mobil (LaVergne, TN) $3.10/gal
Scroll down to take a look back 10-years at past gas prices...
Historical look at gas prices in TN and the US over past 10-years:
• November 8, 2020: $1.82/g (U.S. Average: $2.09/g)
• November 8, 2019: $2.33/g (U.S. Average: $2.63/g)
• November 8, 2018: $2.48/g (U.S. Average: $2.72/g)
• November 8, 2017: $2.30/g (U.S. Average: $2.56/g)
• November 8, 2016: $2.04/g (U.S. Average: $2.20/g)
• November 8, 2015: $2.02/g (U.S. Average: $2.22/g)
• November 8, 2014: $2.69/g (U.S. Average: $2.93/g)
• November 8, 2013: $3.07/g (U.S. Average: $3.20/g)
• November 8, 2012: $3.19/g (U.S. Average: $3.46/g)
• November 8, 2011: $3.23/g (U.S. Average: $3.41/g)
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
• Chattanooga- $3.12/g, up 4.0 cents per gallon from last week's $3.08/g.
• Nashville- $3.17/g, down 1.7 cents per gallon from last week's $3.18/g.
• Huntsville- $3.17/g, down 1.5 cents per gallon from last week's $3.18/g.
More News on Gas Prices in TN and Beyond
"Last week saw oil prices briefly fall back under $80 for the first time in weeks. While it wasn't enough to provide much relief last week, we should see small declines this week in a majority of the country, thanks to the corresponding drop in wholesale gasoline prices," said Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy. "At OPEC's monthly meeting last week, the cartel held firm to the small increases they agreed to in July, raising November production by 400,000 barrels per day. With President Biden still mulling over options to help push gas prices down, we could continue to see some volatility in oil prices. I don't immediately see a large decline or surge coming in the run up to Thanksgiving, but U.S. gasoline demand does remain strong. Levels are currently rivaling September demand, so we know high prices aren't significantly curbing consumption."
GasBuddy is the authoritative voice for gas prices and the only source for station-level data spanning nearly two decades. Unlike AAA's once daily survey covering credit card transactions at 100,000 stations and the Lundberg Survey, updated once every two weeks based on 7,000 gas stations, GasBuddy's survey updates 288 times every day from the most diverse list of sources covering nearly 150,000 stations nationwide, the most comprehensive and up-to-date in the country.
Source for Above Gas Information:
GasBuddy data is accessible at http://FuelInsights.GasBuddy.c