A few new laws were added to the books last year, but have yet to receive much attention... even though they were added in year 2018! Therefore, WGNS thought it would be good to update you on a few of the law changes in Tennessee:
• Barbers will be allowed to cut your hair at home, as long as they have the right paperwork allowing them to. Until now, only sick customers could get at-home services under Tennessee law.
• Homeowners can cancel alarm system contracts that are at least 2-years long if they give 30 days notice.
• The Alcoholic Beverage Commission won't have permission to monitor marijuana, but will regulate serving alcohol in restaurants. They once had jurisdiction to enforce criminal offences involving marijuana.
• Your car headlights will have to be white, or amber. Other colors will be illegal.
• Disabled adults can pay personal aides to perform health maintenance tasks for them.
• The Board of Pharmacy can create a voluntary prescription drug donation repository. Drugs must be in its original packaging and must be inspected before they are dispensed by a licensed pharmacist.