Missing man found in vehicle in Murfreesboro - Flown to Vanderbilt

  Email   Print
Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department, Murfreesboro Police, and Rutherford County Emergency Medical Services were on the scene around 10:00 o'clock Thursday mornng to rescue a Silver Alert male from Hendersonville who had been reported "missing" on Monday afternoon (11/7/2016).
This is the barricade at the end of Rutherford Boulevard. It is placed there to keep motrists from driving into the lake bed that is beyond this point.
Emergency responders brining 89-year old Louis Cobb from the dense woods that almost hid his vehicle.
Prior to putting Mr. Cobb in the ambulance while awaiting the arrival of the LifeFlight helicopter, paramedics stabalized the victim.
Then paramedics and the LifeFlight crew, walked Louis Cobb across the field to the awaiting LifeFlight helicopter.
Paramedics placed Mr. Cobb into the LifeFlight helicopter.
Then the chopper lifted off and headed to Vanderbilt Medical Center.

all photos by NewsRadio WGNS

An 89-year old Hendersonville, Tennessee, man who had been missing for over three-days, was found by a walker in Murfreesboro around 10:00 o'clock Thursday morning (11/10/2016). Louis Cobb was in his car, but it was in a dry lake bed, beyond barricades in an industrial area. LifeFlight helicopter took him to Vanderbilt Medical Center.

Officials say that Cobb was last seen when he left his home around 4:00 o'clock Monday afternoon (11/7/2016). Family members thought that he was going to TriStar's Skyline Medical Center in Madison, but did not arrive. They contacted Hendersonville police and a Silver Alert was issued.


First responders said the victim was unconscious in his vehicle. They worked on Cobb for awhile before attempting to get him out of the vehicle and take him through the densely wooded area on a disaster response litter.

The car was driven past a large barricade at the end of Rutherford Boulevard, and through a densely overgrown area, stopping in a dry lake bed. This is in an area behind Sudsy's Car Wash and the Krystal.


One responder noted that this was one situation where the drought was a positive, since the area in which his car stopped would have normally had water.

It's not known how long the 89-year old male had been trapped in his car, however he was missing for approximately three and a half days.

Murfreesboro Police Sergeant Kyle Evans told NewsRadio WGNS, "Cobb was alert and speaking with first responders when they carried him out of the wooded area. However, due to exposure and other medical conditions, he had to be transported to Vanderbilt for medical treatment."

Read more from:
Hendersonville, Louis Cobb, Murfreesboro, silver alert, WGNS
  Email   Print
Related Articles
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: