Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department’s Districts 1 and 9 and Rescue 2 responded to a house fire at 106 January Street just after 2:00 Monday afternoon.
Upon arrival, crews discovered heavy smoke and flames coming from the home. “The blaze was rolling, but crews got in there and extinguished the fire quickly,” said Shift Commander Daryl Alexander. The home received major fire and smoke damage.
The Fire Marshal’s Office was called to investigate. At this time the fire appears to have started on the stove.