The Baby Boomers population is greatly increasing in Murfreesboro and across the country. Tom Starling, CEO of Mental Health of America, told WGNS NEWS that with the increasing numbers come increasing accounts of Alzheimer's...
Starling also stated that signs of Alzheimer's or Dementia may be noticed ten years before an official diagnosis...
As Baby Boomers grow older, the statistics grow greater for Alzheimer's cases.
Tom Starling will be a guest speaker at Mindful Care Adult Day Services inside New Vision Baptist Church on Friday, March 24, 2017. Starling will speak at 12 noon. An open house at Mindful Care with a free lunch, will be held from 11 AM to 1 PM. The event is open to everyone and there is no need to RSVP.
Hear the entire interview (12 min and 27 sec):
Typical warning signs of Alzheimer's include:
- Memory loss, especially of recent events, names, placement of objects, and other new information
- Confusion about time and place
- Struggling to complete familiar actions, such as brushing teeth or getting dressed
- Trouble finding the appropriate words, completing sentences, and following directions and conversations
- Poor judgment when making decisions
- Changes in mood and personality, such as increased suspicion, rapid and persistent mood swings, withdrawal, and disinterest in usual activities
- Difficulty with complex mental assignments, such as balancing a checkbook or other tasks involving numbers