While Rutherford County and Murfreesboro City Schools are enjoying fall break this week, it's MTSU's turn next week. MTSU students and faculty will observe fall break from Saturday, Oct. 11, through Tuesday, Oct. 14.
Fall semester classes will resume at their regular times Wednesday, Oct. 15.
All MTSU offices will be open their normal hours, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday and Tuesday, Oct. 13-14.
Weekend and fall break hours for the James E. Walker Library are as follows:
· The library will be closed Saturday and Sunday;
· Monday hours of operation will be 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; and
· Tuesday hours of operation will be from 7:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. Wednesday. It will reopen at 7 a.m. Wednesday and resume its regular fall hours.
The Student Union will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 10; noon to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday; 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday; and 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Tuesday.
Weekend and fall break hours for the Student Health, Wellness and Recreation Center are as follows:
· The Campus Recreation Center fitness facilities will be closed from Saturday through Tuesday. They will reopen at 6 a.m. Wednesday;
· Campus Recreation Center offices will be open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday; and
· Student Health Services and the Campus Pharmacy, which are located in the rec center building, will be open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday and Tuesday. The pharmacy's drive- thru will be open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. both days. The pharmacy closes from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for lunch.
For ARAMARK/MT Dining facilities open during fall break, visit http://www.campusdish.com/en-us/CSS/MiddleTennessee.
A special Saturday campus tour Oct. 11 and daily campus tours Monday and Tuesday are full. To schedule a daily tour for other days, call 615-898-5670 or visit www.mtsu.edu/rsvp.
True Blue Experience Days will be held Oct. 17 for prospective students in the College of Basic and Applied Sciences; Jan. 23, 2015, for prospective students in the Colleges of Behavioral and Health Sciences and Liberal Arts; and Jan. 30 for prospective students in the Colleges of Mass Communication, Business and Education.
The Office of Admissions also has special Saturday tours planned for Nov. 15 and Dec. 6, with all starting at 10 a.m. in the Student Services and Admissions Center. The above phone number and website provide ways to register.
University officials urge prospective students and their parents to apply by Dec. 1 to receive priority consideration for major scholarships.