TCAP Achievement Level Results for Grades 3-8 show Murfreesboro City Schools teachers and students can celebrate their accomplishments for the 2012-13 school year.
“It’s tough to have two consecutive years of academic growth; to have three straight years is extremely difficult. I am especially proud of the administrators and teachers who facilitated the success of our children,” says Dr. Linda Gilbert, director of Murfreesboro City Schools.
The Proficiency Scores are as Follows in Murfreesboro:
- Third Grade Reading Language Arts is up by 3.1%
- Reading and Language Arts for grades 3-6 is up overall by 1.0%
- Math saw a 4.8% increase in growth for grades 3-6
- Social Studies experienced a 1.3% increase
- Science saw a 1.6% increase
This leaves the Murfreesboro City Schools above the state achievement level.
Lisa Trail, Murfreesboro City Schools Spokesperson
Murfreesboro Schools Website: www.cityschools.net.