From the battlefield to the home front, music played an important role in the lives of Americans as they struggled through four years of civil war. Join the Tennessee Valley Winds on Sunday October 19, 2014 as they bring music back to one of the great battlefields of that war. The program will begin at 2 pm.
Led by conductor Erich Zimmerman, the Tenneessee Valley Winds will play selections that made their debut during the American Civil War as well as music inspired by the span of our nation's history. The program will include:
- Yama Midori - James Barnes
- An Irish Air - Robert Sheldon
- La Forza del Destino - Verdi/Lake
- Clarinet Quartet Selections
- Americans We - Henry Fillmore
- Trail of Tears - James Barnes (Cherokee dialect coaching provided by Melissa Wadulisi Uwodu)
- Young Person's Guide to John Williams - arr. Jay Bocook
Join us for an afternoon of beautiful music in a historic setting. Visitors are encouraged to bring chairs and blankets. Some seating will be provided. In the event of rain, the program will be cancelled.
For More Details:
Additional information is available by calling (615) 893-9501 or contacting the park via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the Tennessee Valley Winds Community Band please visit: http://www.tnvalleywinds.org.