(MURFREESBORO) Oaklands Mansion has released the locations of the homes that are a part of the 4:00 to 8:00PM, December 7, 2019, Candlelight Tour of Homes.
The cornerstone of the tour is the grand Oaklands Mansion. At its peak, Oaklands was the center of a 1,500- acre plantation and one of the most elegant homes in Rutherford County. Since that time, Oaklands has seen dramatic changes. Following the Civil War, it deteriorated from a majestic mansion to virtual ruins and, in the 1950's, its very existence was threatened. The mansion was brought back from the brink of destruction, saved from the wrecking ball when a group of concerned ladies created Oaklands Association in 1959. Since that time, the Association has worked tirelessly to restore Oaklands to its original splendor and preserve its unique history.
- Oaklands Mansion & Cottage, 900 North Maney Avenue
- Holiday Marketplace at Oaklands Visitors Center, 901 North Maney Avenue
- Lindsey & Bill Castello, 512 East College Street
- John C. Murphy, 518 East College Street
- Lynn Clayton, 525 East College Street
- Lacey & Kirk Garrett, 205 North University Street
- Lavye Hayes- Gladstone #4, 549 East Main Street
- Nena & Dr. Eric Egli, 602 East Main Street
- Kenneth Stone, 550 East Main Street
- Cedar Grove Primitive Baptist Church, 528 East Main Street
Purchase advance tickets (either online at www.oaklandsmansion.org or in the museum shop) by 4 p.m. on Thursday, December 5th and receive a special price of $20.00 for adults. Tickets purchased after 4 p.m. on December 5th will be available only online and at the door for $25.00 per adult and $10.00 for students ages 6-12. This event is free for ages 5 and under. On the night of the tour, tickets can be purchased at any home on the tour or at Oaklands' Museum Shop for $25 for adults and $10 for students ages 6-12.
The 2019 Candlelight Tour of Homes is made possible through the generous support of: Atmos Energy Corporation, Debbie & Mark Crocker, Cultivate Coworking, Durham Realty & Auction Co., Inc., Franklin Synergy Bank, Vera Greer, Hall Davidson & Associates Steve Fuchcar, CPA, Hylabrook Antique Mall, Mary Catherine & David Sevier, Judy & Thomas Smith, and Susan & Judge Royce Taylor.
Oaklands Mansion is a non-profit educational organization. For information on becoming a sponsor, please call (615) 893-0022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.