A drug overdose was reported in a home on Foxworth Court in Murfreesboro. The incident was said to have involved a 30 year old man.
When police responded to the call, they found that the unresponsive man was in the bathroom. Officers found a spoon, a pill bottle and a syringe cap in the bathroom.
Paramedics administered NARCAN on the man and he immediately came to. He was then taken to Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital for further evaluation.
NARCAN is a prescription drug that is administered to those who overdose on opioids. The drug blocks the effects of the opioids almost instantly allowing the person who overdosed a chance to live.
No arrest has been made and the 30-year old is expected to recover.
MPD Incident 18-2475