Faulty equipment within a sectionalizing cabinet near the radio station caused a power outage and took your "Good Neighbor Station" off the air. It happened around 7:45 Thursday morning.
Jordan Warren with Murfreesboro Electric tells NewsRadio WGNS once they arrived near the Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue headquarters, they discovered a sectionalizing cabinet that had an elbow that had burned.
Murfreesboro City Hall, Murfreesboro Police, Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue and NewsRadio WGNS were affected by the power outage. Crews from Murfreesboro Electric worked for over two hours to replace the faulty equipment and restore power. During this time, power was rerouted to City Hall, but the other departments remained without power for the entire time.
Warren says this is only a temporary fix but power has been restored for the time being. At some point in the near future, M-E-D will plan a power outage to replace the equipment.
Our thanks to the staff and workers with Murfreesboro Electric for their outstanding response to repair equipment and restore power as quickly as possible.