(MURFREESBORO) Summer in the city, and construction crews are running full tilt. Traffic Engineer Ram Balachandran warns 'Boro motorists which grid-lock hot spots to avoid today through July 6, 2019.
City Construction Projects
Middle Tennessee Widening Project (Greenland Dr to E. Main St)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday: Traffic signal, landscaping, pavement marking, and incidental work continues between E Main St and Greenland Dr. Final paving and pavement marking work continues. Appropriate traffic controls are in place.
W Lytle Street Roadway Improvement Project (Baker St to Church St)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday: W Lytle St is re-opened to traffic. Minor incidental construction work continues along W Lytle St, W College St and W Burton St. Appropriate traffic controls are in place.
Underground Utility Installation Work (Garrison Dr between Gateway Blvd and W College St)
Expected No Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm: Utility contractor will be installing underground utility lines along Garrison Dr. There will be minor traffic interruptions and no lane closures on Garrison Dr. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Private Development Turn Lane Improvement Work (Rutherford Blvd at Lismore Dr)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm: Contractor for a part of private development will be removing the raised median and installing a left turn lane on Rutherford Blvd at Lismore Dr. Traffic on Rutherford Blvd at Lismore Dr will be reduced from two lanes to one lane each direction. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Right Turn Lane Improvement Work (Thompson Ln at Old Fort Pkwy)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm: City contractor will be making right turn lane improvements on Thompson Ln at Old Fort Pkwy. There will be lane closures and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Annual City Street Paving Projects
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM: City paving contractor will raising castings, milling, pavement repairs, loop cutting and paving and striping on the following streets:
- Molloy Ln at New Salem Hwy (night time work 9:00 pm to 5:00 am)
- Middle Tennessee Blvd between E Main St and Lascassas Pike
- Rutherford Blvd at Mercury Blvd
- College St between Maple St and Church St
- Church St between College St and Burton St
- N Tennessee Blvd between Clark Blvd and Wenlon Dr
Expect lane shifts and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
TDOT Resurfacing Projects
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, SR 99 (New Salem Hwy) resurfacing from Cason Lane to I-24
- Daily, 9AM-4PM, There will be alternating lane closures between the intersection of Barfield Drive and SR99 for the placement of bridge beams over West Fork Stones River. Appropriate traffic controls will be in-place.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, The Resurfacing of SR 10 from Tiger Hill to North of Rutherford Blvd
- Nightly, 8PM-5AM, There will be alternating lane closures on SR 10 (S Church St) between Tiger Hill and Rutherford Blvd in both directions for milling operation. One lane will remain open at all times.