(MURFREESBORO) The cold front from Hurricane Michael dropped the mercury and temps fell to the daytime 50s. Construction crews are on alert to make-up lost time before it gets colder. Traffic Engineer Ram Balachandran warns 'Boro motorists of areas to avoid between today and October 20th.
City Construction Projects
Middle Tennessee Widening Project (Greenland Dr to E. Main St) (Est Substantial Completion November 2018)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday: Traffic on Middle Tennessee Blvd is reduced to two-lanes two-way between Bell St and Greenland Dr. E Lytle St is closed at Middle Tennessee Blvd. The section of E Lytle St between N Bilbro Ave and Middle Tennessee Blvd is only open to local traffic. Median construction and traffic signal work continues between Bell St and Greenland Dr. Faulkinberry Dr is still completely closed at Middle Tennessee Blvd. Northbound traffic on Middle Tennessee Blvd between Bell St and Greenland Dr will be shifted to the west side. Construction work continues the east side of Middle Tennessee Blvd. Appropriate traffic control will be in place.
W Lytle Street Roadway Improvement Project (Baker St to Church St) (Est Substantial Completion October 2018)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday: W Lytle St will be closed between the Barker St and Front St and between Front St and Walnut St. The intersection of Front St and Lytle St will be kept open. Traffic will be detoured onto W College St. Access driveways to local businesses will be kept open. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Rutherford Blvd Substation Electrical Project (between Greenland Dr and MTSU Blvd)
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm: Murfreesboro Electric Department crews will be installing electrical lines in the median on Rutherford Blvd for MTSU electrical substation. Southbound traffic on Rutherford will be reduced from two lanes to one lane. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place. Northbound traffic will not be affected.
Annual City Street Paving Projects
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM: City paving contractor will be adjusting manholes, pull boxes paving and striping on the following streets:
- Medical Center Pkwy between Thompson Ln and I-24 (Night time work between 7:00 pm and 5:00 am)
- Northfield Blvd between Battleground Dr and Georgetown Ln (Night time work between 7:00 pm and 5:00 am)
- John Rice Blvd at Old Fort Pkwy
- Oak St between Maple St and Academy St
- Academy St between Oak St and Jackson St
- Jackson St between Academy St and Highland Ave
- Eagle St between Atlas St and Baird Ln
Expect lane shifts and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
TDOT Resurfacing Projects
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, The resurfacing on SR 96 from Middle TN Blvd. (L.M. 12.72) to SR 268 (L.M. 16.73)
- Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be alternating lane closures on SR 96 for concrete work and paving.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, SR 99 resurfacing from E. of Clearidge Drive (LM 12.45) to W. of Veterans Pkwy (LM 13.88)
- Daily, 8AM-2:30PM, There will be temporary lane closures for various construction activities. One lane will remain open at all times.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, The resurfacing on SR10 from SR 268 to the Wilson County Line
- Daily, 9AM-3PM, There will be alternating lane closures on SR 10 for guardrail and milling operations.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, SR 99 resurfacing from S. Rutherford Blvd (LM 21.61) to W. of Wilson-Overall road (LM 24.52)
- Daily, 8AM-3PM (excluding weekends), There will be temporary lane closures for various construction activities. One lane will remain open at all times.