(Rutherford County, TN) Another night of below the freezing point temperatures. When you mix that with water on some roadways, you have a recipe for danger. Here's an update on road conditions here in Rutherford County.
Several Rutherford County roads were reported with slick, icy conditions this morning, and with temps in the low 20s or teens overnight, we may see a repeat on Saturday morning.
Also, several roads reopened:
- Sulphur Springs Road, Shacklett Road and Buckeye Valley Road near Leanna.
Roads still closed include:
- Goochie Ford Road at the slab near Readyville.
- Stones River Lane at the slab near Christiana.
- Elam Mill Road at the slab near Christiana.
- Kedron Church Road and Rocky Fork Road near Smyrna.
- 6075 block of Maddux Road.
- Vaught Road at the slab near Readyville.
Water is still covering or standing on several roads that are open. We remind drivers to be extra cautious when driving on these roads.