Rutherford County Volunteer Fire Fighters had a hand in fighting a major fire that destroyed multiple buildings on the Woodbury square Friday night. We spoke to Susan Bean who owns the Bean Patch Antique Shop and she told us her building was just barely missed by the flames that destroyed three other businesses…
Beans’ store has only been open since January (2013). The shop sustained some water damage, but her antiques were removed while fire fighters were fighting the blaze in the building to the right of hers…
Steve Fuston owned the buildings that caught fire on Friday evening around 8.
A propane tank behind one of the businesses on West Main Street exploded in the fire which caused a storage building to go up in flames as well. As far as what actually caused the blaze has yet to be determined at this point.
WGNS has confirmed the various emergency agencies responding to the fire included:
- Woodbury Police Department
- Cannon County Sheriff's Department
- Woodbury Fire Department
- Rutherford County Fire Rescue
- Middle Tennessee Electric
- Kittrell Volunteer Fire Department
- Walter Hill Fire Department
- Summittville Fire Department
- Mooretown Volunteer Fire Department
- Manchester Fire Department
- Hickerson Station Volunteer Fire Dept.