A free community health and wellness informational seminar to raise awareness about skin cancer will take place in Smyrna on Friday, June 24th. The event will be at the StoneCrest Hospital inside the Physicians Building.
Carine D'Angleo, N.P., will lead a discussion about the common symptoms, treatment, and prevention of skin cancer. WGNS confirmed that a healthy lunch will also be provided during the Friday event.
Melanoma is by far the deadliest form of skin cancer (causing more than 75 percent of all skin cancer deaths) and a major public health concern. Early detection of melanoma can significantly reduce both morbidity and mortality. Hence, earlier detection leads to thinner cancers and saves lives.
Seating is limited and registration is required.
- WHEN: Friday, June 24 - 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- WHERE: TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center, Physicians Building Classroom, 300 StoneCrest Blvd., Smyrna, TN 37167
- WHO: Presented in partnership by TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center and the North Rutherford YMCA.
- COST: FREE! Registration is required by visiting TriStarHealth.com/Events or calling 615-342-1919.
- CONTACT: For more information, call TriStar MedLine® at 615-342-1919.