Tennessee high school seniors have only a few weeks left to complete an application for free tuition at the state's community colleges and technology centers. Scott Shasteen with Motlow College says the deadline to apply is nearing...
Again, that's November 1st for the deadline. Motlow will hold four "The Promise Begins at Motlow" sessions before the deadline, where future students can complete the Tennessee Promise application and a Motlow College admissions application. The Motlow admissions application fee of $25 will be waived for high school seniors who attend a session and complete both applications. The session held locally in Smyrna will be Saturday, October 18th at 10am.
Each of the four Motlow campuses - Moore County, Fayetteville, McMinnville and Smyrna, will hold a "The Promise Begins at Motlow" session prior to the Nov. 1 deadline. Session locations, dates and times are as follows:
• Moore County Campus - Saturday, Sept. 20 at 10 a.m. in the Clayton-Glass Library
• Fayetteville Center - Tuesday, Sept. 30 at 5:30 p.m. in rooms FC 023/FC069
• McMinnville Center - Tuesday, Oct. 7 at 5:30 p.m. in rooms MC 125/MC191
• Smyrna Center - Saturday, Oct. 18 at 10 a.m. in rooms STH 113/STH 124
Registration for the sessions is not required. For further information about these sessions, please contact Brenda Cannon, director of student and campus relations at Motlow, at 931-393-1548 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order for current Tennessee high school seniors to participate in the program, they must meet several requirements and deadlines:
• Apply for the Tennessee Promise by Nov. 1, 2014, at www.TNPromise.gov.
• Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a Motlow College application by Feb. 15, 2015.
• Complete two mandatory mentoring meetings and eight hours of community service.
• Enroll full time at Motlow College for the fall 2015 semester.
For more information about Motlow College and the Tennessee Promise please visit TNpromise.mscc.edu.