Tuesday Night Fire At Motel 6 Started By Plumber

  Email   Print

Shortly after 5:00 o'clock Tuesday night, Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue was called to Motel 6 on Chaffin Place. First units on the scene reported smoke coming from the structure. Districts 1 and 9 responded.

Officials believe the fire may have been started by a plumber. Maintenance lead them to the unit the plumber was repairing. The plumber had been soldering pipe when the wall caught fire. Fire also rose to the ceiling.

Crews had to access the fire through both the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms. They were able to extinguish the fire quickly. Damage was contained to two units.

ADVERTISEMENT



No one was injured during this incident and crews turned the scene over to property management.

 

ADVERTISEMENT



Read more from:
News
Tags: 
148 Chaffin Place, fire, Motel 6, Murfreesboro, started by plumber, WGNS
Share: 
  Email   Print
Related Articles
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: