Tuesday Night Fire At Motel 6 Started By Plumber

Staff


Shortly after 5:00 o'clock Tuesday night, Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue was called to Motel 6 on Chaffin Place. First units on the scene reported smoke coming from the structure. Districts 1 and 9 responded.

Officials believe the fire may have been started by a plumber. Maintenance lead them to the unit the plumber was repairing. The plumber had been soldering pipe when the wall caught fire. Fire also rose to the ceiling.

Crews had to access the fire through both the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms. They were able to extinguish the fire quickly. Damage was contained to two units.

No one was injured during this incident and crews turned the scene over to property management.