Thursday, 5-28-20 Update: The Tennessee Department of Health has updated the positive cases for coronavirus to 21,679 across Tennessee. There have been 1,116 cases reported in Rutherford County and 22 deaths. 475 in Rutherford County have recovered.
Tennesseans are encouraged to take routine precautions used in guarding against respiratory viruses:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
• Don't touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
• Stay home if you are sick
• Stay away from people who are sick
Most patients with confirmed COVID-19 infection have mild respiratory illness with fever, cough and shortness of breath. A smaller number of patients have severe symptoms requiring hospitalization.
COVID-19 Information Line
TDH has launched a Tennessee Coronavirus Public Information Line in partnership with the Tennessee Poison Center. The number is 877-857-2945 and is available daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Central time.