Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department’s Engines 4 and 1, Rescues 7 and 8, and Ladder 6 responded to a two-story detached garage fire at 1206 Grassmere Court around 12:30 Tuesday afternoon in Murfreesboro.
Upon arrival, crews discovered heavy smoke coming from the eve of the garage. Crews had difficulty making entry due to the building not having any pedestrian doors. Firefighters were able to make entry through a rear window, while Rescue 1 pried open the garage door.
Crews extinguished the fire in just minutes. “We got a good stop on it,” said Chief Cumbey Gaines.
No vehicles were in the garage at the time of the fire. Items stored in the garage received damage. No one was hurt or injured in this incident.
UPDATE: According to Assistant Fire Marshal Carl Peas the preliminary investigation results reveal that the fire appears to have started in the wall and was electrical in nature.
Ashley McDonald with the Murfreesboro Fire Department