UPDATE: Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue at House Fire

  Email   Print
Photo from the City of Murfreesboro

Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department's District 4, Engine 1, and Rescues 7 and 8 were dispatched to a house fire at 923 Velma Lane just before 4:15 Wednesday morning.

The resident heard her smoke alarms going off in the basement and called 9-1-1. She was advised to get outside as quickly and safely as possible and wait for crews to arrive.

When MFRD arrived on scene, they had visible flames and smoke coming from the basement of the structure.

ADVERTISEMENT



According to Shift Commander Dale Maynard, the fire was knocked down in 20 minutes or less and the fire damage was minimal.

Assistant Fire Marshal Tracy Summar was called to the scene to investigate. "At this time, the fire appears to have started as the result of an extension cord failure.

ADVERTISEMENT



"This fortunate outcome shows the importance of having working smoke alarms in your home," Summar continued.

Do you need a smoke detector?

If you live in the city limits of Murfreesboro and do not have working smoke alarms in your home, contact Fire Administration Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm at 615-893-1422 to take advantage of MFRD's free smoke alarm program, Project SAFE (Smoke Alarms for Everyone).

Read more from:
News
Tags: 
923 Velma Lane, Murfreesboro fire, Murfreesboro news, Velma Lane
Share: 
  Email   Print
Related Articles
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: