An investigation into a fire at the Hawthorne South Apartments on 220 Indian Park Drive has been ruled an accident. According to Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue spokeswoman Ashley McDonald Assistant Fire Marshal Michael Bartlett reports the fire was started on the balcony near the vinyl siding wall. A total of eight units received some type of damage. At least two were destroyed. There were no injuries associated with the incident. However, one pet, a Black Labrador Retriever perished in the fire. Those displaced are receiving assistance from the American Red Cross. A total of 14 children and 15 adults were displaced.