We have an update on the fatal car accident that occurred at 3:30 on the morning of New Year’s Day in Murfreesboro…
Police officers responded to N. Rutherford Blvd. at Prestwick Drive where a 2001 Chevrolet Impala, being driven by 30-year old Shelia Holmes from Murfreesboro, lost control and wrecked. Sgt. Kyle Evans told WGNS the car struck a large utility pole killing rear seat passenger Robert S. Cook, age 22. Cook is from Burns, Tennessee.
The driver suffered only minor injuries in the accident. A blood sample was taken from the driver and sent to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations Lab in Nashville for testing. Sgt. Evans stated, “The investigation is ongoing and no criminal charges have been filed at this time.”
In addition to the rear seat passenger dying in the crash, a second passenger who was also in the rear seat was flown by Life Flight Helicopter to Vanderbilt Medical Center. The condition of 22-year old Jamarist Kelley has not been released.
A passenger who was sitting in the front seat of the Impala was not injured and another passenger who was in the back seat fled the scene before police arrived. Attempts to locate 23-year old Nicholas Parker from Murfreesboro have been unsuccessful.
Further information on Passengers:
- Driver: Shelia Holmes 4/29/83 128 E Northfield Blvd. Murfreesboro. Minor injury.
- Right front: Joan Bullington 1-3-85 128 E Northfield Blvd. No reported injury.
- Left rear: Robert S. Cook 11-2-91 1000 Hidebound Rd. Burns, Tn. Deceased.
- Center rear: Jamarist Kelley 8-7-91 116 Skyline Dr. Dixon. LifeFlight to Vanderbilt
- Right rear: Nicholas Parker 11-30-90 2827 S Rutherford Blvd. Apt 714. Murfreesboro. Unaccounted for at this time.