Amber Hurdle, certified coach, business consultant and business owner, as well as MTSU graduate, is the keynote speaker for RutherfordCABLE's April meeting, Tuesday, April 14 at Stones River Country Club in Murfreesboro. The meeting begins at 7:30 a.m. and concludes at 9 a.m.
Guests are welcome, and the public is invited to attend; reservations are available online at rutherfordcable.org. The reservation deadline is Fri., April 10 at 5 p.m. The breakfast meeting fee is $20 per guest.
Hurdle, owner of Moxie Internal Relations and Amber Hurdle Coaching & Training, will talk about her learned secrets of success.
"Strong women are not made by walking the easy paths. It's so easy to fall into the trap of trying to do it all, or worse, adopting the belief that 'if it's going to be done right, I might as well do it myself,'" Hurdle says. "While many strong women are proud of their independence, it is exactly their independence that can also keep them from enjoying what matters most: personal fulfillment, good health, relationships, personal and professional growth. We need to better understand how to go from feeling overwhelmed and stuck to recruiting the help and resources we all need to step into our greatness and live abundant lives."
Hurdle, once a teen mom, fought hard to build her dream life. She'll offer practical strategies that include specific tools and technology women can use right away to create their own success.
Amber Hurdle Bio:
Amber Hurdle uses her accelerated life experience as a teen mom turned organizational miracle worker to coach highly driven professionals who want to prioritize their careers and enjoy lives free of guilt, stress and being overwhelmed.
Through a six-step process, Hurdle helps her clients live with intention, positioning them for their own accelerated professional growth while also crafting fulfilling personal lives. In turn she affords employers A-players who show up fully present and ready to excel.
While she has a degree in Public Relations and is an International Coaching Federation-certified coach, Hurdle also has vast experience throughout multiple entrepreneurial, corporate, and institutional cultures.
Her experience includes:
- Leading the employee communications and events department at Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center, the world's largest Marriott Hotel, as well as its four Nashville attractions.
- Owned and operated Planit Nashville, where she worked with celebrities like Alan Jackson, Carrie Underwood, John Rich and more, as well as record labels throughout the country music industry to engage their key stakeholders through experiential events.
- Served as a director at The University of Georgia Terry College of Business, engaging 60,000 plus alumni in support of University initiatives.
- Founded Cumberland University Women's Council for Leadership in 2006, which paired professional women with female college students to foster mentorship relationships and provide professional development events for women.
- Served on the Middle Tennessee State University National Alumni Board's executive committee and continues to serve on the MTSU College of Mass Communication Professional Advisory Board.
- Amber Hurdle works with disadvantaged youth at home through CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate Program) as well as afar in Swaziland, Africa, through her work with Children's Cup via the Anna Brooke Hurdle Foundation.
For more information, visit rutherfordcable.org.