Today, average gasoline prices in Tennessee stand at $3.42 per gallon for regular unleaded fuel. For those keeping score, this week’s average per-gallon price is the same as last Monday at $3.42 per gallon. Throughout Rutherford County, WGNS looked at gas prices at 30-different gas stations to find an average of $3.27 per gallon (for regular unleaded). The national average to start this week is $3.81 per gallon.
Locally in Murfreesboro, the average price at the pump is up by 11-cents to start the week. Today’s average price for regular unleaded in the ‘Boro is $3.22 per gallon, according to the gas stations WGNS surveyed. Last Monday, the average price was sitting at $3.11 per gallon (regular).
In Smyrna, the price at the pump is averaging $3.24 per gallon for regular unleaded fuel. That price is up by .14-cents when compared to Smyrna gas prices this past week - - that according to the numbers at the gas stations WGNS looked at on Monday morning (8/29/22).
You can expect to pay a little more at the pump in LaVergne, where the average price per gallon for regular unleaded fuel is at $3.35 per gallon. LaVergne’s average price is .18-cents higher than this past Monday.
If you use diesel, the average per gallon price in Rutherford County is at $4.58. That’s .18-cents higher than diesel prices this past Monday. Murfreesboro has the cheapest diesel, averaging $4.36 per gallon. Smyrna comes in second lowest at $4.68 per gallon. In LaVergne, the average price of diesel is ringing in at $4.71 per gallon.
Other areas and their current gas prices:
- Chattanooga, TN: $3.32 per gallon for regular unleaded, that’s 5.1 than last week's $3.27/g.
- Tennessee: $3.42 per gallon for regular unleaded. Last week's price was the same at $3.42/g .
- Kentucky: $3.47 per gallon for regular unleaded. That’s 4.9-cents lower than last week.
- Georgia: $3.34 per gallon for regular unleaded.
- Alabama: $3.42 per gallon for regular unleaded.
- Asheville, NC: $3.77 per gallon for regular unleaded, which is down 5.5.
The national average price of gasoline has fallen 5.0 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $3.81/g today. The national average is down 39.8 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands 69.1 cents per gallon higher than a year ago, according to GasBuddy data compiled from more than 11 million weekly price reports covering over 150,000 gas stations across the country.
Source: GasBuddy data is accessible at http://prices.GasBuddy.com.
Additional News Headlines You May Have Missed on WGNS:
- Murfreesboro Post Office is NOW HIRING
- Rutherford Co. Sheriff Participates in School Safety Summit
- For those Age 60+, Meet New Friends and Stay Healthy
- Most Unfaithful Cities for Marriages