Did You Know a BURN PERMIT is Required for you to Burn Your Leaves or Sticks?

  Email   Print

You can burn ONLY Leaves, branches, trees, stumps and grass clippings right now in Rutherford County IF you have a proper burn permit. Between now and May 15, 2014, burn permits are required, according to state law. That being said, most people have no idea what is illegal to burn…

It is illegal to burn:

  • Tires and any rubber products
  • Vinyl siding and shingles
  • Asphalt shingles and other asphalt roofing materials and demolition debris
  • Building material, construction debris and mobile homes
  • Plywood, oriented strand board and pressure treated wood, including railroad ties
  • Asbestos-containing materials
  • Metals, Aerosol cans, and food cans
  • Copper wire or electrical wires
  • Plastics and other synthetic materials
  • Paper products, cardboard, and newspaper
  • Any Household garbage/trash
  • It is ILLEGAL to burn any materials that are transported from one site to another for the purpose of burning.

To obtain a burn permit, you need to call the Department of Agriculture Division of Forestry at 1-877-350-2876.



Read more from:
burn permit, burn permits, burning permit, fire, fire permit, leaf burn
  Email   Print
Related Articles
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: